Nobody wants to hear a customer complaining, right?
I sincerely hope you strongly disagreed. A complaint is a customer asking the company to save them from leaving and to keep them as a customer. It’s easy to make a customer smile when they are handing over money but complaints are the company’s true opportunity to convert customers into engaged apostles. Continue reading “6 Primary Reasons why ALL Customers Leave”
There is nearly infinite data supporting the role customer service plays in the success of your company. Google it and you’ll be overwhelmed. From time to time (or when I have writer’s block 🙂 ) I will compile and post stats that I believe you’ll find insightful if not eye-opening. They are from creditable sources with links so read and believe.
- By 2020, customer experience will overtake price and product as the key brand differentiator. – Walker, “Customers 2020: The Future of B-to-B Customer Experience”
- 71 percent of consumers say that valuing their time is the most important thing a company can do to provide them with good service. – Forrester Research, “Understand Communication Channel Needs to Craft Your Customer Service Strategy”
- 62 percent of global consumers switched service providers due to poor customer service experiences in 2013. – Accenture, “Global Consumer Pulse Survey”
- 68 percent of businesses increased customer service spending in 2014. – Call Center IQ, “2014 Call Center Executive Priorities Report”
- Customer service costs Americans as much as $108 billion each year. – ClickSoftware/Harris Poll survey, 2014
- 71 percent of consumers have ended their relationship with a company due to poor customer service. – KISSmetrics
- Consumers are twice as likely to share their bad customer service experiences as they are to talk about positive experiences. – American Express, “2012 Global Customer Service Barometer”
- 62 percent of organizations view customer experience provided through contact centers as a competitive differentiator. – Deloitte, “2013 Global Contact Center Survey”
- 39 percent of consumers avoid a vendor for two or more years after a negative customer experience. – Zendesk, “The Impact of Customer Service on Customer Lifetime Value”
- Acquiring a new customer is six times more costly than retaining an existing one. – Merchant Warehouse
Continue reading “10 Vital Customer Experience Statistics That Will Blow You Away”